- The 1400s’ War of the Roses inspired the storyline’s largest plot device: the fight over proper succession.
- Charles Dance, the actor who plays Tywin Lannister, found out he would die from a fan.
- The wall was influenced by the famous Hadrian’s Wall in the United Kingdom.
- Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark) has “pure disdain” for lemon cakes.
- A three-second scene could take six weeks of preparation.
- Peter Dinklage and Lena Headey avoid eye contact in serious scenes so they don’t crack up.
- Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen) once disappeared from set because she got stuck to a toilet by fake blood.
- Viserys’ “gold crown” was actually gelatinous paint.